Give mama the treat she deserves, with this sweet ivory cream inspired table setting. A charming Mother’s Day idea featuring another one of our delectable settings, inspired by the affordable glamour that is Kmart and Ikea, so you can do it too!
One of our favourite things about Ivory Cream is how generous she is in her colour matching abilities. We’ve used some pretty-as-a-picture pink and white flowers, but why not use your Mum’s flower of choice to up the ante!
Despite appearances, this setting is super simple and a joy to create. To make it even simpler, here’s your step by step guide!
- Lay down that sweet, sweet tablecloth, smoothing any wrinkles and quietly thanking it for its service
- We found some delightful light brown placemats in our linen cupboard (where dreams are made). These placemats provide a sweet tone that ties the white plates in perfectly with Ivory Cream’s off-colour complexion. Colours that would work just as well include white, grey and even a deeper brown! Use your Mama’s favourite flowers to gain inspiration here.
- Now find your nicest plates and pull out the fancy cutlery, she deserves it! This setting is for a lunch and entrée, so we’ve featured a large square plate with its smaller counterpart, and Kmart’s copper cutlery set. Kmart blessed us with white linen napkins, which we rolled and tied with some sweet gold ribbon, and our crockery setting is complete!
- Ikea is responsible for these fabulous candlesticks, and matching chunky candles (unscented, so your excellent flower choice can do the talking!)
- All that’s left to do is pair Mum’s flowers with a white or neutral coloured vase, optionally add some tea lights, and you’re ready to impress!
Mum will feel totally spoilt, and your brownie points will be off the charts – win win!
We hope your Mamas love this setting just as much as ours did, and we’d love to hear about it.